In this month's Music Spotlight, UNpopular Style Magazine caught up with the fashionable, and talented Coline Creuzot. The Houston, Texas native is not only a singer-songwriter, but a business woman with an earned degree from Hampton University. Coline has opened shows for T.I., Drake, Keyshia Cole, David Banner, and Monica. The songtress landed a deal with Sony-ATV and has been named: "An artist at the forefront" by Ebony Magazine. Learn more about Coline Creuzot's on and off stage look with our exclusive Q&A feature.
1. Give us the rundown of the process for getting stage ready?
Prepping for shows are fun! Lots of hours in rehearsal and lots of exercise (mostly running for endurance) but it's a great process working through and bringing the music to life. Right before I hit the stage, I like to sit in silence, pray, reflect and picture myself killing it out there.
2. Do you have a glam squad or do you rotate occasionally?
Yes! I have a glam squad that I love!
3. How would you describe your style as an artist? Would you say you have a specific look?
My style as an artist is kinda Sexy/Tomboyish. It honestly depends on the show and how much dancing I'll be doing. I like to be sexy but comfortable.
4. More ladies are interested in rocking their natural hair and natural styles, how do you maintain natural healthy hair?
My hair is naturally curly, but I mostly wear it flat ironed straight. My rule is that when I leave from getting my hair done to keep the heat out. So no curling or flat ironing at home. It gets tough because I work out a lot, but it's the only way to keep my hair healthy. I also switch up sometimes with sew ins and wigs for shows to protect my hair.
5. What are some of your go to products?
When I wear my hair curly, I like Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade and some of the Deva Curl products. When I'm wearing it straight and my edges curl up, I use Olive Oil edge control to smooth them out.
6. As far as cosmetics, which items and beauty products are your favorite and why?
My Everyday look includes NARS, MAC, Benefit and Becca Cosmetics! I love the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, It gives me just enough coverage. I use the Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows. I also love the MAC Studio Finish Concealer under my eyes and then the Becca Cosmetics Apres Ski Glow Collection Palette for a little highlight.
7. If you had to choose one beauty product to glam up your look for the day, what would you choose?
I would have to say lashes (if I could only choose one lol) My fav strip lashes are the "Mykonos" by Lilly Lashes
8. Is your on stage and off stage style any different?
I guess you could say my on stage look is the enhanced version of my everyday style.
9. What can someone catch you wearing on the day to day running errands or grabbing lunch?
Typically jeans or shorts and a cute top. Shoes are my thing...so it would depend on how I'm feeling that day...whether I'd have on some heels or some cute sneakers (I love Huaraches and Jordans.)
10. What new projects and collaborations are you working on, what can fans expect next?
More music! I'm back in the studio creating, working on wrapping up my EP and looking forward to doing some touring this year!
Check out Colin Creuzot's new single "You Give" on music outlets everywhere. Visit www.colinecreuzot.com. Follow Coline: @ColineCreuzot